Wednesday, April 14, 2010

How much space does media take up?

I was thinking about getting a 4gb stick, but might cut down to a 2gb. How much space does a movie, video, and music take up? Thanks!How much space does media take up?
A move is about 700mb, average 30 minute clip is about 170-220, but can hit 350 if you get good quality. Average 3.30 minute song is about 2-3mb, again depends if you have super quality music.How much space does media take up?
I have a 2GB stick and in the past I have tried to keep movies to around 400MB. This has enabled me to carry around several movies at a decent quality.Lately, I have bumped up the quality which produces movies around 900MB. It really comes down to what video/audio quality you are happy with.
the 4 gig is better if you do other things ;).the 2 gig is good in case you accidently brick your psp.
I use a 2Gig, it's just enough space for everything...
I say just invest in a 4gb. If you're using all of the PSPs media functionality, you'll wish you had it. Then again, I actually put movies, tv shows, music, podcasts, comics and a rack of pictures on the thing (and some other stuff). If you use it only for movies OR only for music though (besides games of course) then a two gb should be fine.
I use a 2 gig. it really depends on wht u use it 4. whichever 1 u get, make sure its a high speed one. they are a big difference
images dont really take up much space.saves dont really take up much space (usually no more than 1MB)Mp3/ wma/ AAC/ Atrac 3 (audio) vary depending on what bitrate (48/64/128/192) you use, lower bitrate take up less space but lower quality. This also holds true for video, using an AVC format you can get good quality at lower bitrates (both video and audio).Truth be told more memory give you more room to mess around with so go with the 4GB stick.
I usually encode at 400kbps video, which gives me a movie in the 300-400MB range. I've got a 2GB stick myself and I find it's a lot of room. It all depends on how much you want to carry around.
I have a 2GB stick and it's more than enough fro media data.
how mutch gig dose it take to download a movie that takes bout 7 sec?????
Just get a 4gb...
I got a 16g for Christmas(100$$), I'm planning on filling it up with music and a lot of videos :D

But media takes about id say 3-5 mb (You can see like 8mb high quailty songs too) per song and at least 700mb (Good quailty can be close to 1gb each) per movie if not more... Depends on the quality of course!
If you plan to download games from the Playstation Store, you'll need 300-700 MB per game. I would go with a 4GB card at minimum.
  • pimple treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment